Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
A nice way to use some overripe bananas
2 Cookie Sheets
Sift together and set aside:
- 1 ½ cup unbleached white flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup softened butter one and half sticks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Mix in until light and fluffy
- 1 cup (2 or 3) ripe bananas well mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon banana flavoring
- dry ingredients
- 1 ¾ cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350° F
Put dough in refrigerator to chill.
Prepare 2 cookie sheets with baking parchment.
Once oven is heated drop the heaping teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
When brown take out of the oven and move the cookies to cooling rack.