Thick and Chewy Triple-Chocolate Cookies
Servings: 42 cookies
Group 1 — Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate chopped
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee or espresso powder
- 10 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Sift together dry ingrediants in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Melt the chocolate, set aside.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs and vanilla lightly with a fork, sprinkle the coffe powder over to desolve, set aside.
- I the bolw of the stand mixer beat the butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 5 seconds. Beat in the sugars until combined, about 45 seconds — the mixutre will look granular.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually beat in the egg mixture until incoporated, about 45 seconds.
- Add the melted chocolate in a steady stream, about 40 seconds. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- With the mixer at low speed, add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overbeat.
- Blend in the chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl with a plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until the consistency is scoop-able and fudge-like, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhiile, adjust the oven racks to the middle of the oven and heat the over to 350˚ F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking shets with a 1¾-inch ice cream scoop, spacing the mounds of dough about 1½ inches apart.
- Bake until the edges of the cookies have just begun to set but the centers are still very soft, about 10 minutes, roatating the backing sheets front to back and top to bottom halfway through the baking time.
- Cool cookies on the sheets about 10 minutes, slide the parchment with cookies onto wire racks, and cool to room temperature. Remove cooled cookes from the parchment with a wide metal spatula.