Applesauce Cookies with Cinnamon Chips
A great autumn treat
- 2 Cookie Sheets
- Parchment Paper
- Cooling Rack
Cook in a small saucepan till the apples are soft and then mash with a potato masher:
- 3 small apples
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- dash cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
Let the applesauce cool, meanwhile sift together the dry ingredients and set aside:
- 2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- 1 cup brown sugar
Add to butter/sugar mixture and beat until light and fluffy:
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat in the:
Mix into the mixture until the dough is completely mixed:
- dry ingredients
- 10 oz bag cinnamon chips
Put dough in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Prepare 2 cookie sheets with baking parchment.
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Meanwhile prepare the glaze. In a small bowl mix until sugar has dissolved and is smooth:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoon water
- Drop the heaping teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges.
- Spoon the hot cookies with the glaze, then transfer the cookies to racks to cool.